Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Fourth Weekend!!!

I'm super excited to be spending the 4th of July in Aniak. The only thing I could see going wrong about this Monday is the weather being complete crap, but I think it will be great and even if the weather sucks, we will still have fun! Aniak is having a fair on the fourth, which will be fun. Lots of games, food, etc. I'm helping Connie sell sweatshirts and candy. Don't worry there will be lots of pictures!
Work has been the same old busyness. I'm still enjoying every minute and learning a lot. They closed the subsistence in the area for Chinook salmon for three days, people were not happy. At least it was only three days, I can't imagine if they close it longer. Lots of politics involved with fishing.
I went to Bingo night last night. It's one of the town's weekly events and there was a special one for the fourth of July. You don't win any crazy prizes, just money. I didn't win, but I was close a few times. It was funny to see many of the town people there, but nice to see them chatting and having fun. I can't imagine spending money every week to play Bingo, but it's something to do. After Bingo I hung out at Connie's. We had a bonfire and Grace and Danny came over. I'm just meeting all sorts of people here, and getting to know the town. I really like it. I'm glad I'm able to stay busy and I hope I can find things to do in the winter too.
Also! The cabin thing is going to work out. I can't wait to post pictures of it because it is incredibly cute and perfect for one person. I'll be renting it month to month until she sells it, but I don't think that will be anytime soon. I will hopefully be moving in around Tuesday (the 5th). It will be super great and I'm ready to have a little place to myself.
Well, not much more to say. I'm totally getting better at this blogging thing, but some days there is really nothing interesting going on! Love you all!

No comments: